The Bluewave™️ Soft Tissue Diode Laser lets you perform many soft tissue procedures with virtually no bleeding, pain, post-operative swelling or discomfort. This powerful 5W laser is completely portable, allowing for over three hours of use on its rechargeable lithium-ion battery. Ideal as a surgical instrument or for non-invasive laser-assisted periodontal and hygiene therapy – the Bluewave is a versatile and intuitive instrument for your every need.
Other features and benefits include:
- Lightweight, portable 5W 810nm soft tissue laser.
- Three pre-programmed settings (debride, perio, and cut) and one custom setting.
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery provides three hours of continuous use at maximum capacity on every charge.
- Unique blue-aiming beam, providing greater visibility in intraoral tissues and blood than the traditional red beam.
- Two sizes of disposable tips (4mm and 9mm) are easily placed and removed without the need to cleave fibre.
Want to know more and interested in the demonstration? Book a mini-clinic here.
Click here to read the Bluewave™️ Soft Tissue Diode Laser Brochure.
Click here to read the Bluewave™️ Soft Tissue Diode Laser Sales Sheet.
Click here to request a virtual or in-person demo.
Q: How can my practice benefit from a laser?
A: The Bluewave laser can benefit orthodontists in the following ways: gingivectomy and/or removal of hyperplastic gingiva and bleeding for optimal placement of brackets; frenectomies to improve treatment outcome.
Q: What financial benefits does the Bluewave diode laser offer?
A: The Bluewave diode laser can produce incremental practice revenue through procedures such as esthetic gingival recontouring, post-orthodontic gingival hyperplasia and laser-assisted periodontal treatment. The rapid healing associated with lasers also increases patient acceptance, as patients are more likely to accept when second or third appointments are not required and post-operative recovery is significantly reduced.
Q: How do diode lasers work?
A: Diode lasers emit energy that is absorbed by the soft tissue causing it to vaporize. This occurs in a precise, controlled fashion with little to no bleeding or swelling and significantly less post-surgical pain.
Q: What are the benefits for the patient?
A: Diode lasers allow for precise soft tissue surgeries with little to no bleeding. Laser surgery is substantially less invasive and more predictable than conventional surgical techniques using a scalpel or electrosurgery. In some cases, laser surgery can be performed with minimal need for anesthesia. Patients can expect far less post-operative discomfort and swelling with more rapid healing. The effects of the surgeries are almost immediately appreciated.
Q: How is the Bluewave diode laser different from others?
A: The Bluewave laser is one of the most competitively priced diode lasers on the market today. The Bluewave laser operates in the 810nm wavelength where it has a higher affinity for hemoglobin and melanin than it does to water. This makes it ideal for intraoral soft tissue procedures. It is also the only diode laser to feature a blue guiding beam, which increases surgical accuracy through its contrast with oral tissues and blood.
Q: Is there training/certification required to use the Bluewave laser?
A: Certification for dental laser use is regulated at the state level for dentists and hygienists and can frequently change. We recommend consulting with state laws when determining your training and certification requirements.
Q: What procedures can be performed with a laser?
A: The following is a list of FDA-cleared indications for use of diode soft tissue lasers:
- Excisional and incisional biopsies
- Exposure of unerupted teeth
- Gingival troughing for crown impression
- Gingival incision and excision
- Hemostasis and coagulation
- Implant recovery
- Abscess incision and drainage
- Laser removal of diseased, infected, inflamed, and necrosed soft tissue within the periodontal pocket
- Laser soft tissue curettage
- Oral papillectomies
- Pulpotomy as an adjunct to root canal therapy
- Reduction of gingival hypertrophy
- Soft tissue crown lengthening
- Sulcular debridement (removal of diseased, infected, inflamed, and necrosed soft tissue in the periodontal pocket to improve clinical indices including gingival index, gingival bleeding index, probe depth, attachment loss, and tooth mobility)
- Treatment of canker sores, herpetic, and aphthous ulcers of the oral mucosa
Q: What training resources are available?
A: CE training is provided at no charge with your purchase of a Bluewave Soft Tissue Diode Laser. CE credits will be available for confirmed completion. Visit ccl.gloheducation.com for more information.
Q: How affordable is a laser?
A: The Bluewave Soft Tissue Diode Laser is economically priced. Its low price, portability and versatility make it the ideal laser for the whole office.
Q: Is the Bluewave laser portable/lightweight?
A: At 2.6 lbs and with a built-in handle, the compact Bluewave laser is easily transported between operatories. The rechargeable battery provides enough power for three hours of continuous high output, meaning that Bluewave’s versatility may be shared amongst operators before it has to be recharged.
Call 1-866-388-1851 or email at email@example.com for details or to place an order.